Fort Lauderdale Air Show 2016 Truly Delivered as ‘The Superbowl of Air Shows’
What an awesome weekend on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The Fort Lauderdale Air Show soared May 7th and 8th over Fort Lauderdale Beach. Military and private-jet pilots navigated their bone-rattling, sound-barrier-breaking aircraft over the Atlantic both days, led by marquee fliers the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds pushing 1,000 miles per hour.
The FORD Lauderdale Air Show delivered an impressive punch with so many in attendance and aerial acrobatics that truly delivered as ‘The Superbowl of Air Shows.’ Here are a few of my favorite photographs from the four-hour performance!
My favorite was the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter plane – It’s the Air Force’s newest and fastest jet. This was its first appearance of the F-35 in a civilian air show in North America and soared across the skies with the North American P-51 Mustang, a fighter-bomber plane used during World War II in honor of the past, present and future of the U.S. Airforce. The show also included a Canadian Royal Air Force CF-18, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, F/A- 18 Hornets, the Breitling jet team (my wife’s favorite) a U.S. Marines AV-8B Harrier II and the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
The Fort Lauderdale Air Show is tentatively scheduled to return May 6-7, 2017.
- Subscribe to the CPG newsletter for monthly updates on Fort Lauderdale’s best neighborhoods
- Subscribe to CPG YouTube Video Channel
- Like Coleman Properties Group on FB
- Follow AshtonColeman on Instagram for real-estate photo updates
- Follow AshtonColeman’s Twitter for the latest in South Florida News
- #SnapChat Ashton.Coleman for behind the scenes daily real estate adventures