Fort Lauderdale HOME Index | May 2016
Welcome to the first annual Fort Lauderdale Home Index by Ashton Coleman. Every six months or so, I’ll analyze different value analytics in the premier neighborhoods of Fort Lauderdale, so please, check back often.
Fort Lauderdale Home Index Overview:
Fort Lauderdale (East of US-1) had 490 homes for sale in MAY, with 44 closed over the last 30 days making this a buyer’s market with an 11-month supply. There have been 157 homes sold so far this year, with a median sale price of $960,000 and a median sale price per square foot of $376. It has taken an average of 147 days for a home to sell in Fort Lauderdale, up from 125 days (YTD) in 2015. As we see general figures here, the micro-stats also matter, such as an individual neighborhood.
Here are the most desirable areas in Fort Lauderdale, with statistics and trends driving each in 2016.
Available Homes, Median List Price & Median Price Per Square Foot for Homes Active on the MLS
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – 22 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.947M | Med. PPSF $531
- Lauderdale by the Sea – 57 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.2M | Med. PPSF $425
- Coral Ridge – 109 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.295M | Med. PPSF $428
- Las Olas – 26 Homes for sale | Median List Price $3.448M | Med. PPSF $650
- The Landings – 13 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.250M | Med. PPSF $469
- Harbor Beach – 30 Homes for sale | Median List Price $2.750M | Med. PPSF $599
- Bay Colony – 7 Homes for sale | Median List Price $3M | Med. PPSF $657
- Bermuda Riviera – 13 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.350M | Med. PPSF $490
- Rio Vista – 36 Homes for sale | Median List Price $1.675M | Med. PPSF $502
- Victoria Park – 38 Homes for sale | Median List Price $814K | Med. PPSF $412
- Sunrise Intracoastal – 6 Homes for sale | Median List Price $985K | Med. PPSF $354
# Homes SOLD Within the Last 6 Months, Median Sale Price, Med. Price Per Square Foot, Sale Price to List %, and # Days On Market (DOM)
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – 14 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $1.288M | Med. SP$/PSF $513 | SP/LP% 91 | DOM 117
- Lauderdale by the Sea – 48 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $650K | Med. SP$/PSF $314 | SP/LP% 93 | DOM 45
- Coral Ridge – 75 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $740K | Med. SP$/PSF $313 | Med. SP/LP% 95 | DOM 87
- Las Olas – 9 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $1.675M | Med. SP$/PSF $721 | Med. SP/LP% 91 | DOM 140
- The Landings – 14 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $930K | Med. SP$/PSF $368 | Med. SP/LP% 94 | DOM 110
- Harbor Beach – 8 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $1.398M | Med. SP$/PSF $548 | Med. SP/LP% 95 | DOM 76
- Bay Colony – 3 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $2.9M | Med. SP$/PSF $323 | Med. SP/LP% 91 | DOM 247
- Bermuda Riviera – 6 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $918K | Med. SP$/PSF $349 | Med. SP/LP% 81 | DOM 37
- Rio Vista – 21 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $1.2M | Med. SP$/PSF $393 | Med. SP/LP% 93 | DOM 106
- Victoria Park – 23 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $520K | Med. SP$/PSF $330 | Med. SP/LP% 94 | DOM 132
- Sunrise Intracoastal – 5 Homes Sold | Median Sale Price $890K | Med. SP$/PSF $278 | Med. SP/LP% 95 | DOM 94
Fort Lauderdale Home Index Summary
I’ll use the valuable figures above with the following home index to compare and evaluate trends in our local market. Until then, we have general information for review, and I thank you for reading the Fort Lauderdale Home Index.
(Figures are derived from the Southeast Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service & Trendgraphix May 2016)
>> Fort Lauderdale Luxury Homes for Sale | Vacant Land in Fort Lauderdale <<
Ready to Own a Home in Fort Lauderdale?
Whether you’re looking for the latest in waterfront estates, condo resales, off-market properties, new construction, bulk sales, or just plain good deals, I’ll have it ready for you. I never leave questions unanswered. Check back often for new local updates on the Fort Lauderdale waterfront residential market, and thank you for reading!
Contact Ashton for suggestions and new residential opportunities along Fort Lauderdale (East of US1). I’ve represented homeowners and buyers in other coastal locations, including Hollywood, Hallandale, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Surfside, and South Beach. I also cover the most desirable South Florida island areas, including Fisher Island, Key Biscayne, North Bay Village, and Bay Harbour Islands. Let’s Talk, toll-free at #888.38.DREAM for further details.
- Subscribe to CPG YouTube Video Channel
- Follow AshtonColeman on Instagram for real-estate photo updates
- Follow AshtonColeman’s Twitter for the latest in South Florida News
Your Fort Lauderdale home
If you have a home in Fort Lauderdale and would like an evaluation of market value, contact me for a cutting-edge marketing strategy, pricing band analysis, and a detailed seller’s report. Pricing your home correctly is essential to selling timely and for the highest amount possible. Call today, and I’ll analyze the pricing band positioning and neighborhood trends to see where your home will sell “in the market” rather than just being “on the market.”
I’m a seasoned Southeast Florida real estate broker-associate with the leading firm, ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Since 2002, I’ve been active in the Southeast Florida market with experience that rarely disappoints.
No hassle. No pressure. Just honest advice.
List Your Property to Sell:
ONE Sotheby’s International Realty & Ashton Coleman | Global Marketing. Local Prestige.
- Marketing by Ashton Coleman
- Marketing Your Luxury Property
- Marketing Presentation – 2016
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty Marketing & Affiliates
- Client Reviews
- Sold Properties
- Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- Sotheby’s – An Overview and the Auction House
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- New Listings
Who You Are:
You are a client – not a customer:
- Clients are under the protection of another
- Customers purchase a commodity or service
Knowledge is protection. As a client, you can expect accurate information you will understand, implement, and use to build your net worth.